Wine in keg is not a new concept, however the technology now available in the Keykeg vessel has revolutionised this serving format. This is a win-win situation for all parties: The beverage remains perfectly fresh in the condition the manufacturer intended with no contact with oxygen ever and a long shelf life of a tapped keg. Lightweight, low cost, single vessel packaging reduces costs which we pass on to our customers. Further reductions from reduced packaging goods freight and handling through the supply chain are also passed on to you. Dispensed economically with or without CO₂ via an air compressor.
How it works
We consult with you on your dispensing requirements to set up your venue with appropriate taps, hoses, chilling and pressure.
Keykeg uses a bag in ball principal. The inner bag, made from soft, high grade medical plastic has increased the shelf life of a plastic keg to 9 months. Wine is filled into the bag on a production line.
Once the keg is tapped by the customer with a Keykeg coupler the wine will last for up to 3 weeks in perfect condition. Compressed air is pumped into the space between the outer hard plastic shell and the inner soft plastic bag forcing the liquid out through the dispensing tap. a one way valve ensures no oxygen re-enters the keg.
Once empty, the keg is de-pressurised using a custom tool and the keg can be discarded in a recycling bin.
- 50% reduction in packaging costs vs glass bottles. We pass this saving on to you, our customer.
- 0% wasted product. Add up to 15% to the bottom line of your wine list. No product spoilage or wastage, dispensing until the last drop of wine is extracted.
- No heavy, expensive CO₂ or nitrogen tanks needed, Keykeg is dispensed via an air compressor.
- No oxygen comes in contact with the wine, ever.
- Ensure every glass of wine served to your customer is in exactly the condition the winemaker intended.
- Screwcap protected the drinker from cork taint and random oxidation, wine in keg takes this a step further and protects with wine against oxidation.
- The KeyKeg is recyclable and consists of an average of 30% recycled plastics.
- In addition, a KeyKeg saves more than 60% of transport costs compared to glass bottles.
- In contrast to steel kegs,Keykeg does not need to be washed with environmentally hazardous chemicals.
- Light weight ensures CO2 emissions are reduced
- Compared to the glass, capsule, labels and cartons transported from their sources to a manufacturer, a single Keykeg vessel is transported from only one.
- and cost reduction for transport and handling
- Recyclable to of to your waste collector
- Long shelf life once connected: at least three weeks
- Easily stackable for transport and maximizing small spaces
- Maximum safety with the KeyKeg coupler; automatic pressure release above 3.5 bar/51 PSI
- Easy to deflate and reduce after use with deflating tool